7/17/13

Eggplant Fries

I LOVE eggplants so when I saw these somewhere I just had to try them out! I've also made these gluten free for my Aunt but using Pamela's bread flour instead!
Also I decided to bake them instead of fry them, which I think makes them healthier right?

Ingredients:
1 eggplant
3/4 cup flour (can use flour substitute) 
2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. dried parsley
1 tsp. cumin powder
1 Tbls. salt
1/2 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
olive oil (to cover your baking pan)


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

In a large bowl, combine the flour, garlic powder, oregano, parsley, cumin, salt, and black pepper.
Peel the eggplant, and cut into fry shaped pieces. Toss the eggplant into the mixture till covered.

Pour olive oil into a baking sheet till completely covered. Line eggplant on the pan evenly.
Place in the oven for 20 minutes  turning over the fries halfway through the cooking (after about 10 minutes).

Once the eggplant is brown and crispy remove from the baking sheet and place on a plate lined with paper towels to drain the oil.

After they have cooled for a bit, you can serve with honey drizzled on them or dip them into whatever condiments you want to use. I made a ketchup and mayonnaise mixture, with dill in it, once and it was amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment