7/28/13

Butterbeer!

If you didn't know I'm huge Harry Potter NERD!  And I mean huge;  I was in the Harry Potter club in college,  played Quidditch, stood in line at midnight for the books and movies, and every year I celebrate J.K. Rowling and Harry's birthday!  So this week in honor of the chosen one's birthday I am sharing this Butterbeer recipe!  I won't claim that it tastes like the ones at the wizarding world of Harry Potter,  but I like this one a lot;  it tastes more like butterscotch. 

Ingredients:
6 12 oz bottles of cream soda
3 tablespoons of imitation butter
1/2 pint heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup butterscotch chips

Directions:
Whip the cream till the peaks can stand. Melt the butterscotch chips in a sauce pan over medium heat while constantly stirring.  Once this is a liquid mix pour it into the bowl with cream,  mix till well combined.

Mix a half tablespoon of the imitation butter into each soda bottle poured into a cup,  or pour all the soda into a bowl and gently mix all the butter in.

Put the whipped topping on top of the soda and serve immediately. 

You can then mix the whole thing up.

This drink is best enjoyed while eating Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans and watching HP, as illustrated below!

No comments:

Post a Comment