11/22/13

Black Bean Brownies by Sugarboy (Gluten Free!)

 So my dear grandfather, probably the main reader of this blog, wanted to add a recipe. Since he is my biggest supporter, and I pretty much learned most of my baking skills from him, why not? 

If you are gluten free, or just want an alternative "healthy" brownie I REALLY recommend you try this. The cocoa real covers up the taste I promise! I tried it out, with sugar, on my roommates and they tasted no bean flavor to the brownies. As long as you have a blender, you can whip, or rather blend, these up in a jiff!  
These are Brownies are Sugarboy approved!
(photo by sugar boy) 
So here are Sugarboy's (yes that is my grandpa's name) Black Bean Brownies:  Hey, I found the most amazing recipe, (actually, it is a combination of several recipes I saw online).
 The cool thing is that they are made without any flour or sugar, (Grandpa's diet/Aunt Kim's diet), and it uses a whole can of black beans for healthy fiber.
Everything you'll need!

---------------------------------------------------

BLACK BEAN BROWNIES

Everything you'll need!
1 can black beans, drained  and rinsed.
2 eggs. (or 4 egg whites)
3 Tbs. olive oil.
1 tsp. vanilla.
1/2 cup granulated Splenda, (or real sugar)
1/4 cup + 1 TBS. unsweetened cocoa.
1 tsp. baking powder.
pinch of salt.
(You will need a blender as well)
Photo by Sugarboy


Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 F

Blend beans, eggs, olive oil, and vanilla in a blender until smooth.

Mix sugar (or substitute), cocoa, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Then beat the two mixtures together.

 Put in greased 8x8 glass pan and Bake @350 for 20 minutes.












No comments:

Post a Comment