5/30/13

Quinoa Casserole


Okay this is not a baking project, but it was really good and pretty simple, so I wanted to share. I got the original idea from pinterest and this site: http://fitsuccess.blogspot.mx/2013/02/healthy-snack-quinoa-pizza-bites.html
I had just moved and started a new job and wanted to make dinner with my new coworkers. I did not have a muffin tin at my place yet so I used a pie tin. I also threw in any random vegetable I could find in my fridge. This went fast and was so tasty! It also looks pretty healthy to me, so that's a win win! 

Ingredients:
1/2 cup quinoa
1 large egg
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup fat free shredded mozzarella
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 Tablespoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
pinch of salt
2 diced peppers (one red, one green) 
tomato sauce for dipping

Directions:
 Boil the quinoa and 1cup water and cover. Once boiling, reduce heat to low, and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes (until water is absorbed and quinoa is tender).

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all of your ingredients (except the pizza sauce) in a mixing bowl until it is well mixed.

Poor the mixture in to the pie tin

Bake them for 15-20 minutes and let cool. Slice it up and serve them warm with tomato sauce. 



No comments:

Post a Comment